State Of The Blog & Whatnot
for some unexplainable reason, I am a search result for Nvidia (5700, usually, which is a decent card, but the recent Radeon models are better, from what I hear) and Radeon graphics cards, especially the x300, 9800, 9900, and all that stuff. Also, several people have reached me in a search for the game Rome: Total War, which I think is funny as I only mentioned it once in passing in a "what to buy your teenage son for Christmas" post (I also mentioned Simcity 4 in that, there's another search result for you).
I don't know what google is thinking, to be honest. Yes, I bring up technology in the blog from time to time, but I talk about NASA and very big things, not computer games or graphics cards.
And yet, I'm never a search result for "news" or "conservative viewpoint", not even "analysis of current events", though those words are in the description of quite a few links to me. So, I am changing the little tagline thing at the top of the page to something that search engines should like more. No one remembers Mark Hacking, for good reason (he was the nut who cut his wife up than ran around naked while people were searching for the wife he reported missing. Then he put himself into a nuthouse, and will probably be executed soon enough), and I hate reading the names "Kobe Bryant" and "Michael Jackson", as well.
This post is loaded with enough useless smalltalk and keywords packed in for the fun of it, time to move to something slightly more interesting. As you should notice, there is a handy google search bar now on the site. I tried to make it a few pixels lower, but the Blogger template preview and the actual page turn out different every once in a while. I'm also considering making that green header image wider and shorter, or perhaps replacing it completely, if I find something good to replace it with. I don't think there is a way to combine NASA, republican, and analysis all into one image, I can only do so in a post with the help of ADD.
What's next on the agenda? I hope to get some real work done on my International Realist Theory thing in Wikipedia's Wikibooks. If I actually do that, it would be nice to set up links to chapters of the semi-book in the sidebar, though I don't know how many people really care about political theory. I'd love to learn a bit about economics so I can have some idea what I'm talking about, too, and it'd be even better if I can explain some economics without making people want to kill themselves out of boredom. Have you ever heard Alan Greenspan speak? Dear god, its not just economics that bores people, but his voice even sounds incredibly boring! I'm not talking the Leiberman type boring, this is an entirely new level of suicidal boredom; Leiberman sounds like Martin Luther King Jr. compared to Greenspan. Don't get me wrong, Greenspan is a smart guy, but his skill is not as a public speaker.
I also hope to add some more info to the "about me" section, and make the blog more user-friendly. Plus, I look forward to updating the "News Resources" with Bush's inaugural address, and getting rid of everything else in that section.
Finally, and I've decided that I may have to put this off until summer, I'd love to make a "news of the day" section, in which I simply have the titles of important articles in a box, with the title linking to some newspaper story, and having a summary (written by me, of course) appear when the mouse is held over the link. If I could fit the thing into a small box, small enough to fit into the sidebar of an average blog, I intend to allow others to put the box on their blog (it would have a link back to me, of course). It would take a lot of time to set this up, and I'd have to update the box thing in the morning so the news is up-to-date; I can't do that until summer because school takes up too much time.
So, that's the state of the blog, and some keywords just for the fun of it.
I don't know what google is thinking, to be honest. Yes, I bring up technology in the blog from time to time, but I talk about NASA and very big things, not computer games or graphics cards.
And yet, I'm never a search result for "news" or "conservative viewpoint", not even "analysis of current events", though those words are in the description of quite a few links to me. So, I am changing the little tagline thing at the top of the page to something that search engines should like more. No one remembers Mark Hacking, for good reason (he was the nut who cut his wife up than ran around naked while people were searching for the wife he reported missing. Then he put himself into a nuthouse, and will probably be executed soon enough), and I hate reading the names "Kobe Bryant" and "Michael Jackson", as well.
This post is loaded with enough useless smalltalk and keywords packed in for the fun of it, time to move to something slightly more interesting. As you should notice, there is a handy google search bar now on the site. I tried to make it a few pixels lower, but the Blogger template preview and the actual page turn out different every once in a while. I'm also considering making that green header image wider and shorter, or perhaps replacing it completely, if I find something good to replace it with. I don't think there is a way to combine NASA, republican, and analysis all into one image, I can only do so in a post with the help of ADD.
What's next on the agenda? I hope to get some real work done on my International Realist Theory thing in Wikipedia's Wikibooks. If I actually do that, it would be nice to set up links to chapters of the semi-book in the sidebar, though I don't know how many people really care about political theory. I'd love to learn a bit about economics so I can have some idea what I'm talking about, too, and it'd be even better if I can explain some economics without making people want to kill themselves out of boredom. Have you ever heard Alan Greenspan speak? Dear god, its not just economics that bores people, but his voice even sounds incredibly boring! I'm not talking the Leiberman type boring, this is an entirely new level of suicidal boredom; Leiberman sounds like Martin Luther King Jr. compared to Greenspan. Don't get me wrong, Greenspan is a smart guy, but his skill is not as a public speaker.
I also hope to add some more info to the "about me" section, and make the blog more user-friendly. Plus, I look forward to updating the "News Resources" with Bush's inaugural address, and getting rid of everything else in that section.
Finally, and I've decided that I may have to put this off until summer, I'd love to make a "news of the day" section, in which I simply have the titles of important articles in a box, with the title linking to some newspaper story, and having a summary (written by me, of course) appear when the mouse is held over the link. If I could fit the thing into a small box, small enough to fit into the sidebar of an average blog, I intend to allow others to put the box on their blog (it would have a link back to me, of course). It would take a lot of time to set this up, and I'd have to update the box thing in the morning so the news is up-to-date; I can't do that until summer because school takes up too much time.
So, that's the state of the blog, and some keywords just for the fun of it.
1 Comments:
Oh, that's what you meant by that hacking, er Hacking guy. I thought it was somebody hacking into voting machines for some reason.
By
invadesoda, at 9:16 PM, January 13, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home