Drudge Shows New Hampshire Leaning Bush
I have no idea what Drudge is using to determine this, but my latest numbers have a dead tie with 44% of votes count.
Some people have cited Ohio's gay marriage amendment as a reason to predict that Ohio will go Bush. I despise this amendment. Specifically, it has two sentences: the first defines marriage as between a man and a woman; the second prohibits any civil union-ish things "intended" to mimic marriage. Even if this passes, I believe that any judge would have to turn the amendment down, because it specifically requires judges to determine the intent of the lawmakers. This, in fact, is the very thing the anti-gay marriage crowd complains about – judges interpreting the intention of the Founding Farmers. Additionally, I think this may backfire just like the alcohol prohibition did. The amendment may force gay couples to live together and completely circumvent marriage, much like straight couples that live together for years and raise children but do not get married. These unmarried couples are, in my opinion, a greater threat to marriage than gay couples, because the movement for gay marriage shows that homosexuals respect the institution of marriage.
Some people have cited Ohio's gay marriage amendment as a reason to predict that Ohio will go Bush. I despise this amendment. Specifically, it has two sentences: the first defines marriage as between a man and a woman; the second prohibits any civil union-ish things "intended" to mimic marriage. Even if this passes, I believe that any judge would have to turn the amendment down, because it specifically requires judges to determine the intent of the lawmakers. This, in fact, is the very thing the anti-gay marriage crowd complains about – judges interpreting the intention of the Founding Farmers. Additionally, I think this may backfire just like the alcohol prohibition did. The amendment may force gay couples to live together and completely circumvent marriage, much like straight couples that live together for years and raise children but do not get married. These unmarried couples are, in my opinion, a greater threat to marriage than gay couples, because the movement for gay marriage shows that homosexuals respect the institution of marriage.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home