.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Paragon

News That Matters,
Analysis of current events and all things important to the world.

Google
The Web The Real Ordeal

Saturday, October 23, 2004

No Surprise Here - Liberal British Newspaper Wants Bush Dead


On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?

-originally from www.instapundit.com, which quoted this segment before the Guardian website went down.

Earlier, The Guardian attempted to interfere with the US elections. I commented on the idiocy of this attempt before the interference actually started, here. The title for my post is bad, I admit, but it's better than the Guardian's argument.

When I read this, I started liking Bush even more. This newspaper not only wishes for Bush to die, but it calls America uncivilized, claims a Bush victory would prove that there is no god (does that mean Bush isn't Satan? If there isn't a god, then I doubt the Dark Prince has a reason to exist, either), and falsely implies that Iraq didn't want to get rid of Saddam ("unwanted bloodshed" refers to this).
After The Guardian attempted to directly interfere with the US elections by having readers send mail to voters in Ohio encouraging Americans to vote for Kerry, I intended to ignore The Guardian entirely, and laugh at what they say when I can't ignore them. Well, I have laughed at this quote, as it brings me to joy to ponder the mortification of journalists when Bush is re-elected, but I was convinced to mention this newspaper again because the quote is simply too good to not repeat.

This journalist, like the rest of Europe, is suffering withdrawal symptoms. I'm not talking about any particular drug, even though there's good reason to expect The Guardian has a private meth lab and "botanical garden" for its reporters. Rather, I am talking about losing power and influence over the world. From the 1500's to 1988 (and also during the entire Roman era), Europe was the center of the world. Even during the Cold War, it was the fulcrum on which US and Soviet power balanced. But, over the last decade, Europe has finally realized that America is the one and only superpower, and it has left Europe in the dust. Europe’s new way of clamoring for power is claiming that everything must be “legitimate” – i.e., with Europe’s approval. The UN itself doesn’t matter to Europe, as the UN is merely a tool to help reach an end, because Europe was willing to go after Kosovo without UN approval. If the US were to strive for legitimacy, as Europe claims is necessary, then we would be shackled to a lazy and fallen superpower. The US has no good reason to drag Europe, kicking and screaming the entire way, by a chain around the leg of each in order to improve the nation’s place in the world - or to improve the world itself.
Europe’s international weakness is proven by the fact that much of the continent can only appeal to American popular opinion, which The Guardian’s actions are an example of.

On the other hand, there is a chance that The Guardian conducted a publicity stunt. Abercrombie And Fitch, for example, sold pornography to stir up controversy and got tons of free advertising (A&F spent almost nothing on commercials for a year or two).


In either case, I hope to never mention The Guardian again. Unless, of course, it’s really, really funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home