.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Paragon

News That Matters,
Analysis of current events and all things important to the world.

Google
The Web The Real Ordeal

Friday, May 27, 2005

Mid-east has water shortage

What a surprise, the mid-east has problems getting water. Naturally, liberals around the world will demand that "evil western capitalists" (AKA: the US, and only the US) provide free water to everyone.
I have a better idea: 1 gallon of water for 1 gallon of oil. Honestly, the mid-east doesn't use as much water as the western world, so the relatively small amount of water should be sufficient. For example, mid-easterners tend to not take a bath every day, or every other day – baths can be quite rare, actually. Personally, I want my money back from exorbitant oil prices. I think that such a 1-for-1 trade is quite fair, all things considered. In fact, if you look at the price of a normal bottle of water, the mid-east is getting a sweet deal.
This, according to supply-and-demand, is perfect economics. The mid-east has too much oil and not enough water; the US has too much water and not enough oil. I admit, I may be stretching my argument a tad; but, the fairness of the trade still stands. After all, the trade cannot hurt the populace of the mid-east, because money is concentrated in the hands of an elite few. Those elites can afford to lose a few bucks, especially because much of that money is from unfair oil prices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home