.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Paragon

News That Matters,
Analysis of current events and all things important to the world.

Google
The Web The Real Ordeal

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Phantom of the Opera - 7 of 7 Stars

I just rented the DVD, and it's excellent. I can't imagine what it would sound like with a good surround sound system. Some of you are probably wondering why I picked "7 of 7 stars", rather than the more traditional 4 or 5, or the occasional 10. 5 doesn't convey the difference between very good and excellent/great, while 10 is way too broad. Don't get me started on 4 stars – that leaves no room for "eh, kinda good, I guess", much less distinction near the extremes.
Anyway, Phantom of the Opera is a great DVD. The direction is magnificent (only one short clip, about 1.5 seconds long, do I think really should be removed, though it probably has significance that I don't know about), the music is unbeatable, actresses are hot, and it sounds magnificent. The movie also has a fairly well-choreographed swordfight, though that's not the most dramatic part of the movie. Phantom of the Opera makes you wonder how the daily TV soap operas survive in comparison.

In short: rent the DVD, and if you haven't set up your surround sound system yet, this is the time to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home