RIAA Loses Court Case
a very big PDF
I have pitty for some of the good musicians who may be hurt by pirating, but I dislike the record companies more, and I blame the record companies for the problems of small bands. I am overjoyed to see the RIAA slapped in the face, as the RIAA has acted quite irrationally and like a brat. The main market of record companies is the anti-institution generation, and by suing music fans, record companies now look like part of the institution which their customers hate. Ever wonder why the RIAA is completely unsuccessful at preventing piracy, even though it goes after tons of people (far more than it sues, it's been known to contact colleges and threaten them with legal battles unless something quite serious is done to the student).
Now, for the older generation, don't act so high-and-mighty. I know humanity better than that. You held the tape recorder up to the radio, and you know it. You also snuck in to the drive-in theatres (which are nearly gone now because indoor theatres are better). You'd also tip the pinball machines and cheat poor store owners, and abuse the simplistic engineering of vending machines to get free drinks or candy. Heck, my dad went drag racing in his parent's car without them knowing it, and he won some of the time (word of advice: don't keep trophies, they are obvious evidence). Why, the older generations did plenty of illegal stuff, but they never used computers, and some of it was stupid and dangerous. Pirating music does not threaten to drive over pedestrians; parents should be thankful that their children are so safe and cautious (hehe).
(sorry, going to put that gay marriage post off until tomorrow or later. Next week is exam week, so I've been busy, sorry).
I have pitty for some of the good musicians who may be hurt by pirating, but I dislike the record companies more, and I blame the record companies for the problems of small bands. I am overjoyed to see the RIAA slapped in the face, as the RIAA has acted quite irrationally and like a brat. The main market of record companies is the anti-institution generation, and by suing music fans, record companies now look like part of the institution which their customers hate. Ever wonder why the RIAA is completely unsuccessful at preventing piracy, even though it goes after tons of people (far more than it sues, it's been known to contact colleges and threaten them with legal battles unless something quite serious is done to the student).
Now, for the older generation, don't act so high-and-mighty. I know humanity better than that. You held the tape recorder up to the radio, and you know it. You also snuck in to the drive-in theatres (which are nearly gone now because indoor theatres are better). You'd also tip the pinball machines and cheat poor store owners, and abuse the simplistic engineering of vending machines to get free drinks or candy. Heck, my dad went drag racing in his parent's car without them knowing it, and he won some of the time (word of advice: don't keep trophies, they are obvious evidence). Why, the older generations did plenty of illegal stuff, but they never used computers, and some of it was stupid and dangerous. Pirating music does not threaten to drive over pedestrians; parents should be thankful that their children are so safe and cautious (hehe).
(sorry, going to put that gay marriage post off until tomorrow or later. Next week is exam week, so I've been busy, sorry).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home